Happy New Year! It is hard to believe that our school year is going so quickly! The NHSLMA board and committees have been working hard to plan a wonderful conference coming up in March. You can register through the link below or simply go to the NHSLMA website.
Remember that NHSLMA offers scholarships to conferences. If you have any questions about scholarships, please contact Rachael Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also coming up on Saturday, January 11th is the Libraries' Presidential Forum being held in Concord. This is an important event sponsored by ALA and NHLA to advocate for libraries in the state of New Hampshire. Please read the information below from Lori Fisher, NHLA Advocacy Chairperson. We hope that you can join us!
I look forward to seeing you all at NHSLMA events in 2020!
Karen Abraham, NHSLMA President
Dear NHSLMA colleagues,
We have a very exciting event for libraries coming up in January: The Libraries Presidential Forum, taking place on Saturday 1/11/20 at the Concord City Auditorium in Concord, NH! This event, sponsored by the New Hampshire Library Association, will feature some of the presidential candidates speaking specifically to library/education issues. We do have bipartisan candidates scheduled to speak and will be publicizing the names closer to the event.
We are in a unique position in NH with the First-in-the-Nation Presidential Primary, and we need to capitalize on this for libraries. Remember, only one candidate will become president – the rest will go back to their jobs in politics, government, or philanthropy. If we can provide them with a better context for library value in local communities, we are better positioning libraries and library issues for the future.
What we need from you as a NHSLMA member:
- Publicize the event at your library to your community using the attached pdf poster with all of the details.
- Share/retweet the NHLA posts about the event from FB, Twitter, and Instagram to your library or personal social media accounts. Here are the NHLA social media links:
- Facebook: @nhlibrarians
- Twitter: #nhlibrarians
- Instagram: nhla_lib
- Consider hosting a viewing party in your library for your community – we will be livestreaming the event, taking some questions via social media. If you would like to host a viewing party, please complete this form and we’ll get back to you with more details you will need to make the event successful!
- Attend the event or watch the livestream! The livestream link will be released the week before the event, on the registration page and the NHLA web site.\
- If you receive any media inquiries, please direct them to email email@example.com.
To register or for more information about the event, visit bit.ly/2020LibrariesForum. Registration is required; seating is limited.
Questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 603-271-2393.
Lori Fisher, NHLA Advocacy Chairperson